"HI-TECH C for CP/M"(HI-TECH C) is originally developed by HI-TECH Software in Australia. This compiler is not supported by developer but freely distributed and widely used by users.
HI-TECH Software released HI-TECH C compilers for other platforms and they are not free and proprietary version. HI-TECH Software is acquired by MICROCHIP Technology Inc.c but MICROCHIP still provides HI-TECH C compiler for 16bit/32bit PIC chips.
This WIKI deals only "HI-TECH C for CP/M 3.09", which is not supported by developer but not limited usage and freely distributed.
- 1 Basic Archives
- 2 Official archives and files
- 3 User patches and complements
- 4 Other completions
HI-TECH C consists of 2 packages below
- This package (hereinafter "Execution archive") have C compiler and execute files, related utilities, basic header files and libraries. This package is provided in some different formats like .lzh or self-executed .exe file,but contents are same.
These are direct links to appropriate chapter of manual(if exist)
Cross referrence tool
These are links to page where listed functions this header file defines
These are links to page where listed functions this library file contsins
- This package have only one document (hereinafter "HI-TECH C Manual") as manual. This package is provided in some different formats like .lzh or self-executed .exe file,but contents are same.
Official archives and files
Some source codes of libraries and utilities are provided by original developer as well.
- This package (hereinafter "Source archive") contains source files of libraries which stored in Execution archive. These are recompilable. This package is provided in some different formats like .lzh or self-executed .exe file,but contents are same.
User patches and complements
It is well known by users, which HI-TECH C execution files and libraries have bugs or lack header files of functions nevertheless manual describes.
Many of these issues are modified, resolved and provided by users. These functions, which are supposed by original developer are realized by them. This WIKI deals these issues as well.
- Bugs in Floating point library.
- This library has bug which does not correct values. Source files provided in Source archive does not contain this bug, thus we can correct one only by re-compiling sources.
- Completion of header file lacked.
- Completion of functions which non-existed but described in HI-TECH C manual
- These are source or header files which are described in HI-TECH C manual but does not exist in libraries. We can use it by re-compiling these files.
HI-TECH C is mostly C89/90 standard compatible because when this compiler was developed, only draft of this standard was existed. Because of that, HI-TECH C has some difference from C89/90 standard itself (research and test is continued by admin of this Wiki). These issues are covered in this WIKI.
- Extended functions or libraries for CP/M upper compatible OSs or specified models which runs on Z80 are separately described in this WIKI
- Implementations which many compilers of the same eras(de fact standard) have though HI-TECH C does not have are described in this WIKI as well.